Picadillo - cuban mince M
Picadillo cuban mince recipe.
500 g of mince
1 yellow onion
1 green or red pepper
4 garlic cloves
100 g green olives with pimiento
5 Tbsp. tomato paste
300 ml white wine (or water)
1 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. paprika or chilli powder
Salt & pepper
Oil for frying
1. Chop the onions and peppers. Peel and chop the potatoes into cubes. Mince the garlic cloves. Cut the olives into halves.
2. In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onion until it gets some colour. Add peppers and fry until tender. Turn in mince and garlic and fry a little more. Add potatoes and continue to fry everything.
3. Add tomato paste, cumin, oregano and paprika powder and fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add wine or water, and let it simmer for about 30 minutes covered by a lid.
5. Finally, turn in the olives and let it simmer for another 10 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about...
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: