Polish pickled cucumber soup M
Polish pickled cucumber soup
6 Polish pickled cucumbers (ogorek kwaszony)
2 celery stalks
1 small piece of leek or 2 garlic cloves
6 dl water
2 dl cream
2 vegetable broth dices
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Salt & pepper
1. Chop all the vegetables into bite size pieces and add to a pot.
2. Crumble broth dices and add to the pot. Add bay leaf, black pepper and hot water.
3. Bring the soup to a boil covered by a lid and cook until the vegetables soften, about 15-20 minutes.
4. Shred cucumbers on the coarse side of a grater. Add cucumbers to the pot, and don’t let any liquid go to waste.
5. Bring the soup to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in cream and dill. Allow the soup to simmer for about 3 minutes. Taste and add salt if needed. Enjoy with bread.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about soup
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: Soups