Creamy blue mussel soup with saffron M
Creamy blue mussel soup with saffron
3 Tbsp. olive oil
3 shallots, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed, peeled and chopped
100 ml wheat flour
500 ml fish broth
a big pinch saffron
100 ml cream
freshly ground black pepper
200 ml white wine
2 kg of blue mussels (weight without shell 600 g)
1 bunch of leaf parsley, chopped
1. Heat the oil and gently fry the shallot for 4 minutes, add the garlic and fry another minute.
2. Sprinkle flour over the onions and stir so it absorbs the oil. Add broth a little bit at a time and stir continuously until you have a smooth soup.
3. Add saffron, cream and season with salt and pepper. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
4. In another saucepan, bring wine to a boil. Add blue mussels to the wine, cover with a lid and boil for 6 minutes or until all the mussels have opened. Throw away those who have not opened. Let the mussels drain, but save the cooking liquid. Strain the liquid and add to the soup.
5. Allow the mussels to cool, then remove the meat from their shells and add to the soup. Simmer for 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about soup
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: Soups