Toast Skagen recipe
400 grams of hand peeled shrimps (weight without shells, about 1 kilo with shells)
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. crème fraîche
40-50 grams fresh dill
5 slices of white bread (formfranska)
40 grams of roe (preferably lumpfish roe)
butter, for frying
more dill for garnish
1. Peel the shrimps and let drain in a colander. Then chop the shrimps.
2. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, crème fraîche and dill. Add the chopped shrimps and season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove the crust of the bread with a knife. Cut them in halves diagonally, making them triangular.
4. Melt butter in a frying pan and roast the bread on both sides.
5. Put the bread on a plate, give each slices a generous lump of Skagen shrimp mixture and top it off with roe, a slice of lemon and some fresh dill. Serve immediately.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about...
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: