Spaghetti vongole M
400 g spaghetti
750 g fresh clams, cleaned and drained
4 Tbsp. olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 Tbsp. capers, drained
4 tomatoes, chopped
3 Tbsp. chopped flatleaf parsley
150 ml white wine
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain in a strainer or colander when done.
2. Scrub and clean the clams. Discard any clams that are cracked. If there are any opened clams, lightly knock them against a hard surface and throw away those how do not close.
3. In a large and deep sauté pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat and cook the garlic, chilli, capers, tomatoes and half the chopped parsley for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add in the wine and boil for 2 minutes. Add the clams, cover with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes until all the clams are opened. Discard any that haven’t opened.
5. Toss the clams and sauce into the spaghetti, season to taste with black pepper and the remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about...
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: