Pasta Puttanesca M
Pasta Puttanesca recipe. Pasta Puttanesca litteraly translates to "The slut's pasta". Although the name might not be completely PC this simple pasta is sinfully delicious. Made from tomatoes, capers, anchovies and capers.
400-500 g spaghetti
500 g fresh cherry tomatoes or 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
50 ml olive oil
50 g butter
½ tsp. dried chilli flakes
3 cloves of garlic
125 g black olives, pitted
1-2 Tbsp. capers
2 tsp. parsley, finely chopped
1. Finely chop the anchovies. Rinse and divide the tomatoes into halves.
2. Heat olive oil in a big pan, add the butter and let it melt. Add the anchovies, garlic and chilli and let it fry gently for about five minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, olives and capers and let the sauce simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally, but be careful so the tomatoes retain their shape as halves. Taste and salt a little if necessary. Pick up the garlic cloves and toss away.
4. Cook the spaghetti al dente in lightly salted water and let it drain in a colander.
5. Stir the pasta into the pan with the tomato sauce and mix well. Top with finely chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about...
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: