Macaroni and cheese
Classic macaroni and cheese recipe. This classic American dish is a lovely combination of macaroni, butter and cheddar cheese.
8 oz. elbow macaroni
¼ cup butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain in a strainer or colander.
2. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Melt the butter. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes. Whisk continuously so that it does not burn.
3. Add in the milk into the butter-flour mixture, continuously stirring until mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
4. Add Cheddar cheese and continue to stir until cheese is completely melted.
5. Add the cooked macaroni into the cheese sauce and make sure to coat all of the macaroni.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about...
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: