Cacio e Pepe Pasta I
Sometimes Pecorino and black pepper is all you need to make a lovely pasta. This Italian pasta recipe is made in couple of minutes and bursts with flavour.
3 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
14 ounces spaghetti
1 cup Pecorino Romano, grated
1. In a dry frying pan, fry the peppercorns for 1 minute, over high heat. Shake the pan constantly over the heat.
2. Transfer the peppercorns to a mortar and crush, but don’t grind into a powder.
3. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain with the help of a strainer or colander, but save 1½ cup of pasta water. Add water to a bowl and let cool for a couple of minutes.
4. Stir in the grated Pecorino cheese into the pasta water, whisking continuously, creating a thick creamy sauce.
5. Add almost all the crushed pepper, but save a little for serving.
6. Combine pasta with the cheese sauce, coating the pasta completely with the sauce. Tip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with some of the saved black pepper. Serve immediately.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about...
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: