Furikake of katsuo and kombu M
Furikake of katsuo and kombu recipe
10 g kombu (dried kelp)
250 ml water
50 g katsuobushi (dried fish flakes)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 ½ Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. mirin
1 tsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. pine nuts
1 tsp. sesame seeds
1. Prepare by putting the dried kombu in water, letting it soak for 20 minutes.
2. Pick up the kombu from the water and save 1/2 metric cup (50 ml) of the kombu water for later. Cut the kombu into small pieces.
3. Heat a dry frying pan at medium heat. Add the katsuobushi and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Let the katsoubushi cool then crush the flakes into small pieces in a mortar or by hand.
4. To another frying pan, add the ½ cup of saved kombu water and add soy sauce, sugar, mirin and vinegar. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to medium heat. Add the kombu and katsuobushi. Cook at medium heat, stirring constantly, for 20 minutes. The mixture should get a little sticky and almost, but not completely, dry.
5. Add the pine nuts and sesame seeds and cook for 5 more minutes. Transfer to a container and let cool completely.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about...
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: