Salted brownie cookies
Salted brownie cookies recipe
Prep Time: 16 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 22 cookies
2/3 cup flour
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
8 ounces dark chocolate (70%) finely chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
flaky salt, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3. Chop the chocolate. Melt chocolate and butter over a water bath by placing a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. When the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and set a side.
4. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk at medium speed for 5 minutes. Reduce speed and add the chocolate.
5. Add flour mixture and whisk just until combined. Don’t work with the dough too long, it shouldn’t take more than 30 seconds.
6. Add dough to the baking sheets, spacing them 3 inches apart.
7. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes. The tops should be shiny and cracked. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with flakey salt. Remove from the baking sheet, this will make the cookies cool faster and keep them from continuing baking.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about cookies
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: Cookies