Muddy Buddy Cookies
Muddy Buddy Cookies recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 8 min
Total Time: 28 min
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Using a stand mixer or a handheld mixer, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and blend to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients and blend until combined. Don’t work too long with the dough.
6. With your hands, shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 8 minutes. Take out the cookie from oven and gently flatten the cookies, while still hot, with the bottom of a cup or a small saucer.
8. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Melt chocolate chips and canola oil in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
10. Spread melted chocolate on top of each cooled cookie. Let the chocolate set before dusting the cookies with powdered sugar. You can speed up the cooling process by placing cookies in the fridge.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about cookies
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: Cookies