Lemon curd cookies M
Lemon curd cookies. Crumbly cookies with lemon curd filling.
Yield: 20 cookies
115 g unsalted butter, softened
50 g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 Tbsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
170 g flour
20 tsp. lemon curd
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar for four minutes until smooth.
3. Beat in the egg yolk, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt.
With the mixer on low speed, add the flour little by little, making sure it doesn’t get too dry, until you have a dough. It should be a little bit wet.
4. Form the dough into a ball, without kneading it or working it too much.
5. Shape 1-inch balls of dough and place on the parchment paper. Leave enough space between each ball as they will rise in the oven.
6. Make a deep indentation in the center of each ball, with the back of your thumb.
7. Bake cookies in the oven at 180°C until they turn firm and lightly golden on bottom. This takes about 18 minutes.
Fill the indentations with lemon curd and bake a couple of more minutes in the oven, just until the lemon curd sets. If the cookies have risen much in the oven, leaving no indentation left, make a new one with a teaspoon while the cookies are still hot.
8. Let the cookies cool. Using a fine mesh strainer, dust the cookies with icing sugar right before serving.
Recommended products for this recipe
Learn more about cookies
Newest recipes from our blog
The book shelf: Cookies